You know, it seems like the two biggest problems facing the United States today are the lagging economy, and immigration. So I got to thinking, which, if history is any indicator, can be a dangerous thing. Our government seems to see these issues as separate entities while I think in a way they are related. Here is my idea for solving them both.
Instead of rounding up all the illegal immigrants for deportation, it would make a lot more sense to round up us old folks and deport us. Here’s my rational.
1) Social Security costs would drop dramatically.
2) The failure of Obamacare to enroll young healthy people would put less strain on the costs of healthcare.
3) We are used to traveling on buses in groups, eliminating the expense of airfare.
4) We thrive in warm climates.
5) We are a lot easier to catch.
6) A lot of us won’t remember how to get home.
See what happens when you apply a little logic? After the winter we are having, I’ll bet you could even ask for volunteers. Just sayin!!